Whether you believe in the futuristic, high-speed flying capsules of science fiction or a less glamorous evolution of cruise control, one thing’s for sure: A major shift to autonomous driving technology is just around the corner. Google’s fleet of self-driving Priuses is picking up speed, driver-assistance technology is rapidly being developed and many autonomous devices already are standard in dozens of existing car models. But are we really ready to take our hands off the wheel?
Autoinsurance.us recently conducted a study to learn more about the future of self-driving cars. Who will be the first to buy fully autonomous vehicles? Why are some already lining up to become perpetual passengers while others are hoping for a red light? Check out the infographic below for the answer to these questions and more, including what we’ll do with our extra time behind a self-driving wheel.
- What is Full Coverage Car Insurance?
- What is Auto Insurance?
- How Much Auto Insurance Do I Need?
- How Do I Get Cheap Auto Insurance?
- How Do I Buy Auto Insurance
- With Winter (Finally) Behind Us, Let's Set Some Driving Goals
- How Do I Get an Auto Insurance Quote?
- New Car for Christmas? Insure it Properly
- Car Insurance Isn't Boring: Neither is Jimmie Johnson
- Take Our Pop Quiz on Auto Insurance