Whether you believe in the futuristic, high-speed flying capsules of science fiction or a less glamorous evolution of cruise control, one thing’s for sure: A major shift to autonomous driving technology is just around the corner. Google’s fleet of self-driving Priuses is picking up speed, driver-assistance technology is rapidly being developed and many autonomous devices already are standard in dozens of existing car models. But are we really ready to take our hands off the wheel?
Autoinsurance.us recently conducted a study to learn more about the future of self-driving cars. Who will be the first to buy fully autonomous vehicles? Why are some already lining up to become perpetual passengers while others are hoping for a red light? Check out the infographic below for the answer to these questions and more, including what we’ll do with our extra time behind a self-driving wheel.
- Car Insurance Isn't Boring: Neither is Jimmie Johnson
- Take Our Pop Quiz on Auto Insurance
- 5 things to remember when buying a new car
- Grand Theft Auto Insurance?
- Don't Fall Short on Car Maintenance
- Driving High Will Bring You Down
- How to Talk to Your Teen about Safe Driving
- Oh, Deer: What to Do if You Hit One
- Don't Snooze and Cruise
- How to Survive Buying a New or Used Car